Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Wild Irish Rose


This is like two quilts. The inner part is a double-Irish chain. The border corner stones were giant-sized 9-patches flanked by 3 3-inch borders (green-burgundy-green). I put flowers or continuous curves (CC) in the 9-patches.

I did change threads. I just thought that the Signature cotton Cranapple was perfect for the CC in the burgundy but was too harsh for the green parts of the chain. I know, I shouldn’t over-think these things. But there it is. So I used Green Sage PermaCore for the CC in the green/brown parts of the chain. The big blank sections were perfect for the freemotion no-start rose. The customer wanted wool batting. She had seen a king folded-flower quilt with Quilter’s Dream wool batting that I did for one of her friends and loved the puffiness of the wool. It really does show good quilt definition.

No comments:

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks