Wednesday, September 10, 2008

What's Black, White and Red?


Well, it’s a modified log cabin quilt with cats wearing red Santa helper hats, what else? This was a busy quilt with several b & w fabrics. The little spark of the cats in red Santa hats really made this fun to quilt. Allison made it for a neighbor kid’s wedding present. Their colors are black/white/red. Ali noticed a customer’s feather meander quilt as I was dropping it off at the LQS. She loved the puffiness and flow of the feathers. I love that Suzanne Earley Meandering Magic book, it makes it so easy. She changed her mind from white thread to black. I used Signature cotton black top and bobbin. The backing is pieced from scraps of black/white/red. The batting is Quilter’s Dream Puff.

No comments:

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks