Wednesday, September 10, 2008

4th of July in Poway Park

4th of July Celebration at Old Poway Park
Every year Poway, CA puts on an old-fashioned 4th of July Celebration. There are bands, games for the children, including face-painting, and food, food, food. Oh, and the guild, the Friendship Quilters of San Diego (FQSD) have a quilt show in the Fellows Hall. We had great attendance at the quilt show. Most of these folks do not quilt, they just come in to see the quilts. Well, it doesn’t hurt that Fellows Hall is the only air-conditioned spot in Poway Park. So maybe they come in to cool off and look at the quilts. This is also the ideal spot to sell tickets for Opportunity and raffle quilts. FQSD had a red, white and blue quilt for raffle. Lee Mary and I took the Back Country Quilters Opportunity quilt to the event to sell tickets also. I also entered my Asian Flower Garden quilt, recently returned from Machine Quilter’s Showcase (MQS) in Kansas City. There were three categories, Whimsical, Patriotic and overall Viewer’s Choice. I was so surprised that my AFG won the Viewer’s Choice blue ribbon. Then as we were breaking down the quilt show, the park announced the winner of the FQSD raffle quilt. I won that red, white and blue beauty. What a great day and a lucky day for me. I went straight to the store and bought a lottery ticket. They say these things come in 3’s. Alas, I did not win the lottery but I came home with my first ribbon for quilting and a patriotic quilt. It was a very good ay.

No comments:

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks