Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Sea Turtles


This all-batik quilt was huge, built for a California kingsize bed. It was 112 inches wide and 108 inches top to bottom. I used 3 different battings. I put Warm and White on the bottom.



Then I windowed in a piece of Soft & Bright inside the inner border. I used some QD puff trapunto on the two big turtles and the orange fish. I also used Jodi Beamish Waterworld as filler inside the turtle area. Michelle Wyman’s Simply Seashells seemed like the perfect complement ot he turtles so that is what I put in the 20” borders.




I used PermaCore Brazilian Blue thread top and bobbin.

No comments:

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks