Friday, January 30, 2009

Strip Twist Superbowl Party"

Bonnie Hunter is having a "Strip Twist Superbowl Party". I heard this from Michelle (2L) Wyman over on MQResource. You can read all about this fun day over on Bonnie's blog. And you can get Bonnie Hunter's pattern online at her web-site.

I have never been a football fan so you won't find me watching the game. I'm not even sure who is playing. Well, it is not the San Diego Chargers because the whole city of San Diego have been moping around since the Chargers got beaten by Pittsburgh. Hmm, maybe I do know something aobut football, I know who beat our hometwon team. Oh well, back to more important things than football...quilting.

I am going to do a strip quilt this week-end. I have a Pineapple class on Saturday. I'll get maybe 2 or 3 of those blocks done in class and stick it in a box for later. The class is 10 - 3 on Saturday. We are getting new carpet installed in the second master bedroom as I write this. It was my studio until my son and his family moved in with us for a few months. Then we had apple juice, pizza and who knows what else spilled on the builder's white/gray freize (pronounced free-zay) carpet. I never liked that carpet anyway.

So the new (latte brown) carpet goes in today and then tomorrow, while I am at class my husband and my son will move my machine back to that 2nd master. I will miss all the grunts, curses and sweat, thank goodness. I have no doubt that the scratched molding and gouged walls will be there waiting for me when I get home from class, though. Yeah, this is not the first time we have moved this machine. We plan to paint before the new wood floors get installed in the public areas anyway. But that is another very long story.

So this week-end, why not grab a jelly roll of fabric and join the fun (from you own home) and make a Strip Twist quilt.

No comments:

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks