Monday, February 02, 2009

View thru a Kaleidoscope

P1291110
I have long been a fan of San Diego Public Art along the seawall near downtown San Diego. Artists create this art for display on the sidewalk along Harbor Drive for all to see. It never fails to capivate me. The pieces are spread about 25 yards apart so you can stroll along the seawall and enjoy the each artists work. The pieces change out periodically which keeps the views fresh. I carpool with my husband but he is sometimes a few minutes late so I sit in this metered parking along Harbor Drive and admire the art while waiting for his phone call.

This kaleidoscope has always struck me as enchanting. When I first saw it, there were a couple of tourist families surrounding it. It is a favorite with visitors. I found it empty one day and decided to check it out. The end of the tube that you look through is big enough to hold a camera so I decided to try getting a few shots.
There are 3 different wheels that you can adjust to move the mirrors inside and to change or rotate the colored panels on the outside of the scope.

Here is a link to some history about the kaleidoscope

Here are some of the photos I took. You really have to look closely to see the changes that took place when I spun the mirrors.

P1291111

P1291112

No comments:

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks