Saturday, April 24, 2010

Show Quilt - Apr 24th

Well, I'm not moving as fast as I had hoped. We all know how life gets in the way of some of our goals. That, plus I don't seem to have the stamina that I had just a couple of months ago. The back surgery fixed the cracked vertebrae but has done nothing for the muscle spasms that I am having in my back. I can't seem to quilt as long as I would like. Quilt, rest, quilt and so on.

As a result, I have had to make changes to my design plan. I tried that new plan out on the corner and I think I can get it done in time.

The quilt pattern is by Annette Ornelas of Southwind Designs . Check out the site. I bought a couple of other patterns from her. I love her work. Debbie, my piecer, said that it was the most intricate quilt to make that she has ever encoutered. Even though, we got permission to modify the pattern (to change the size), she still wanted to honor the design. It is very cool. I also love the fabrics that we chose. Lots of contrast makes those stars jump out. Plus the fold-back, similar to cathedral window, is so unique. Debbie did a great job. I want to quilt it so Debbie gets the good comments from the judges that I know this quilt will bring.

So I have until Friday to get it quilted and then a couple days to get the binding and sleeve on. By then, it will be time for overnight FedEx time.

No comments:

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks