Monday, April 19, 2010

Shop Girl Block Swap

The gang down at The CraZy 9 Patch invited me to join their block swap a couple months ago. I haven't really worked at the C9P in a while - I was their tech support for computer problems for a while. I am a regular at the shop and was thrilled to be invited to this block swap. There are 12 of us and we were given a half yard of the challenge fabric. The challenge fabric was a batik with pink, green, yellow, and blue. Ewwww. It reminded me of the old bubble gum ice cream my kids used to try to get me to buy them. We could choose any block design, 12.5 inch unfinished. The blocks were supposed to be kept a secret.

The logo on my business card is the card trick block so of course I chose that block pattern. I have been "under the weather" for several weeks and was not up on the news at the C9P. Martha, the owner, invited us all over to her place for the big reveal along with a light supper and dessert.

Here is the island at Martha's. Yeah, the food was yummy.


And this was the cake. Decadent, huh? You bet. It was 6 or 7 layers with chocolate panache or raspberry filling between the layers.


And here are the participants (except the hostess (Martha) and the photographer, me) with their respective blocks. Left to right is Marilynn, Jody, Lyn, Danielle, Susie, Betty (Mema), Kim, Christi, Lorna, and Debbie.

And finally (drum roll, please) the the big reveal. I can't wait to put these to together in a quilt loaded with memories of my friends at the shop.


It was a blast. I hope that we do it again next year.

No comments:

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks