Tuesday, August 04, 2009

My Walmart Find

Schedules don't always mesh. I had finished a client's baby quilt but we could not agree on a time for pickup as we live so far apart. She lives in Temecula, CA which is about 50 miles from Ramona. I have not visited the quilt shops in Temecula so I thought that I could deliver the quilt and since I was there, I could visit the 2 Temecula Quilt shops. I could not con any of my girlfriends into this long drive so I convince my husband to take a ride with me.

We set out quite early hoping to beat the heat that was forecasted to be close to 100 in the San Diego back country. I had google maps to where we were going so that was easy to find. I delivered the quilt and we set out to find a Temecula Quilt shop. We found one just a couple miles away named the Temecula Quilt Company. Unfortunately, the store did not open for another 30 minutes so we decided to find a WalMart.

This is one of those super Walmarts with groceries as well as the regular discount store stuff. San Diego voted against allowing super Walmarts last year. But several existing Walmarts have found a loophole and are trying to "expand" rather than "build" their Super Walmart. It was pretty cool and waaay BIG.

I happened on a very cool chair. It was an "only" and was on clearance. This purple chair cost me $15. Yup, quite a bargain. So do you think it looks like a sewing room chair.




Or is it a desk-chair?

What do you think?


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the color and it's diffentally a sewing room chair, because it has no arms.

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks