Sunday, March 15, 2009

Spring has sprung




What a great surprise to find these beauties waiting for me this morning.
These are pots by my back patio, violas, Johnny Jump-Ups are always so cheery. These pots are hung on a vertical stand with jasmine that is still in the vining stage. The fragrance will waft right in the patio door in another month or so when we can leave the patio door open.


This potato vine shares a fence with my passion vine that is the host plant for Gulf Frittilary butterflies. Many people like the fragrance of the potato. (I am not one of them). But they certainly put on a show. You can see there are many waiting to bloom.





Old Faithful geranium. This is the only spot it blooms in. It is hidden among the roses and tucked into the rose arbor. Maybe it thinks it is a rose. (I won't tell if you won't) Geraniums were my mother's favorite flower. They just bloom non-stop here in southern California.


We received this cyclamen as a house-warming present 7 years ago and it likes the morning shade and noon sun it gets in this flower bed. However, it looks like this fern is getting a bit too cozy in this spot and is taken up too much room. This bed also holds a gardenia that is fragrant later in the spring.





I have several pots of flowers in my garden. I have gophers and have lost hundreds of bulbs to those critters so now I have to keep them protected in pots. These are my first Calla lillies of the year.

Thank you for stopping by my garden for a visit. Won't you leave a comment about your garden and tell me what you love to grow. I have a friend in Kansas City that grows a big vegetable garden for her family. Well, her family and the bunny rabbits family who visits her garden. LOL. Tell me about your garden in a comment.

No comments:

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks