Sunday, March 15, 2009

Danielle's Treat or Treat Quilt



Isn't this the cutest quilt. It is all square in a square of brights, lots of purple, yellow and orange. The border is this fabulous Halloween fabric with skeletons, goblins and graveyard characters. The backing is all jack-o-lanterns. I remember some of the Halloweens when I was a child and it is such a fun time. All the kids dressed up like monsters, princesses or pirates. It was all good fun.





Danielle used Warm's Soft and Brite batting and Signature cotton thread Purple Iris top and bobbin. She quilted a medium stipple on the quilt. It looks great.




Her next project is a quilt with fabulous paper-pieced hearts all done in reds surrounded by blacks on point with a red sasing and black border. We tried the Circle Lord for this but the hearts are much narrower on the bottom than the CL template was. So Danielle plans to quilt double-line hearts in the hearts. She has been doodling hearts and loops and curls to come up with a sashing that pleases her. I will post photos when she is done with it.

We have been talking about how to do feathers. She picked up the hump-bump feathers quite easily on paper. She has a big Log Cabin quilt and she wants to quilt feathers on it. I will post photos after she finishes it.

No comments:

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks