Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Judy's Sampler is Done


I used Diana Phillips Flower Power book for the block design. I love her book. It is full of ideas that are easy to stitch freemotion. What could be better. Judy's backing is a yellow batik. I used King Tut Shekels thread on top and Superior So Fine Mustard #422 in the bobbin. The batting is Quilter's Dream Blend for a lovely drape. Judy had some fussy-cut sun rays in the setting and corner triangles. I used the Circle Lord to make the spirals in the center of the triangle applique and then free-handed the sun rays. This quilt was a lot of fun. I hope you enjoy the photos.







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice, Linda!

Wheatridge Studios said...

WOW!! Gotta love it, and the thread you chose makes this a stunner!

Lesley said...

Love what you did with this quilt Linda, beautiful

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks