Monday, February 02, 2009

Strip Twist During SuperBowl

OK, I was cruising through Machine Quilter's Resource forum and saw this Strip Twist quilt using 2.5 inch strips. (Thank you for the inspiration, Suzanne) I thought it was a cool quilt. It consists of 2 lights and 2 darks. Unfortunately, I only had mediums and lights. Oh well, I still like the look of it. To me it looks like it is set on point. I have several quarter-blocks made and a few on the design wall. I plan to start assembling it soon.

striptwist2

strip-twist1

3 comments:

Jackie Russell said...

I also started the superbowl twist. I really like your fabrics. I'm using batiks for mine and not a lot of lights but it still looks good.

Kathleen said...

I like it...why the super bowl twist?

Ramona-quilter said...

Kathleen - most husbands are watching the football game on Super Bowl Sunday and this easy pattern is wonderful to keep use quilters busy during the game.

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks