Thursday, February 12, 2009

It is Done - Opportunity Quilt 2009

I finished it tonight and called Regina, my partner, over to see it. We are so happy with it. The precision of a computer and the flow of freehand.
I hope you like it. And I hope we make a ton of money on it.

Here's more of the story.

regina-and-me

Regina used her Statler to SID the applique and then ghost the sunflowers in other parts of the quilt. She also quilted bees buzzing, caterpillars crawling, a mouse, butterflies and birds flitting around.

Take a look. I did the background quilting to make the applique, especially the trapunto sunflowers pop. Regina was against quilting in the applique. I wanted to put veins in the leaves but I went with her. You can see which leaves are the applique ones (vice the ghotsted leaves) on the back of the qulit.

back

trap2

bee2

mouse


dtl1

1 comment:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Utterly beautiful!

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks