Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Pinwheels On Point by Susan Baker


OK, this was a challenging quilt. It is a great pattern for Layer Cake fabrics, though. It was a Susan Baker class. I didn't much like it at first. I'm not that great a piecer so this one was a challenge. I finally finished the blocks during a Finish It Friday session at our local quilt shop.

I tried to assemble it on the design wall but could not figure it out so I pulled it down. It was destined to be yet another UFO. Martha, at the CraZy 9 Patch put it back up on the design wall so I could take a photo of the layout. And I still messed it up, ripped it out, repieced, ripped...well, you get it.

So I was finally finished with it and it is growing on me now. I like it. So I took it back to the C9P and showed it off. It took Martha 10 seconds to see the error. Can you spot my humility block?

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

It took me a lot longer thatn 10 seconds, but I see the striped triangle pointing the wrong way.

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks