Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Cookie Meme

So what exactly is a meme?

The Blog Meme
A blog meme is a type of Internet meme that requires active participation by the blogger and rarely traces back to an originating source. It's often a series of questions that a blogger answers to share some personal perspective or experience on random topics.

December 18th was Bake Cookies Day - I Totally Missed It

Do you make Christmas or holiday cookies each year? Not exactly, I make macaroons. I also make caramel popcorn balls and fudge

What is your favorite kind of cookie? Pinwheel cookies (store bought) were always my favorite. Then at age 34, I stopped eating things with flour when diagnosed with full blown Celiac's disease. No flour (includes pasta, bread, cake, breaded foods, most processed foods (loaded with fillers) and of course, cookies. Sonow I love and bake macaroons (no flour).

Do you prefer rolled cookies, cut-out cookies, drop cookies or bars? Drop

What is your best cookie recipe?
Macaroons
1 can Eagle brand sweetened condensed milk
1 14 oz package of name-brand coconut (don't cheap out or cookies will flatten when baked)
1 and 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract
1 teasooon of vanilla

Combine ingredients. Preheat oven to 350. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Drop macaroon batter by heaping teaspoons about 2 inches apart. Bake for 8 - 10 minutes. Allow to cool on parchment paper (5 minutes). When bottom of macaroon is hard enough to move with a spatula, move to cooling rack.

No comments:

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks