Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Day 8: Roof Leak

So we left work early (translated = took vacation time) to be home when the roof people and the insurance adjuster were supposed to arrive. Well, the claims guy called 5 minutes before the roof guy to say he/they were delayed. Isn't that always the way it goes. If I was sitting here in my nightgown, they would be ringing my doorbell an hour before their appointment time.

The dehydrator and fan has been pointed up into the attic for five days now. Rolando, the indoor guy used his moisture detector thingy to test the attic drywall and rafters and declared they are dry. The wood floor was not so lucky, more specifically, the wood floor is still holding moisture. The water from the dehydrator has been draining into a tube, up the inside wall and out thru the rafter vent into my gardenia bed. Hmmm. The adjuster wanted to get onto the roof but "hello" it is dark. If you had been here when you were supposed to be.......

The adjuster thinks that maybe he recommend that they sand my 2 year old engineered wood floor vice replacing the 6 x 8 foot section that got wet. What are the chances that they will get the color exactly right. The wood floor makes up 1100 sq ft of the house. So why couldn't the roof leak in one of the bedrooms where there is carpeting? Grrrr.

No comments:

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks