Sunday, December 07, 2008

Buckaroo Stars



OK, the piecing on this PIGS (Project In Grocery Sack)is done. I started this when my oldest grandson was born. He is now in kindergarten. It is all bandana and horse-shoe fabrics with big funky yellow stars on it. So now, the second grandson will probably get it, he is only 3. I'll just do a loopy star thing on it, get the binding on and it will be ready to go - only took 4 years.

The pattern is Martha's CraZy Dozen from our LQS, essentially a Stack n Whack. I'm not a big fan of these but I gave it a try in these red, white and blue prints. And well, I'm still not a big fan of stack and whack patterns. But they sure are forgiving. And now I have one less PIGS in my house.

No comments:

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks