Monday, April 23, 2007

Pink Hearts for Gracie



She's only 12 years old but someday she will be the CEO of a big corporation or the scientist that invents the cure for the common cold or maybe she'll be the President of the United States. Yes, Gracie has the world on a string. She has no fear. Not a timid little pre-teen. Well, she is little but you know what they say, "Dynamite comes in small packages".

So Gracie wanted a new quilt, her other one was full of pinks, too. But this one reflects her mother's love of retro fabric. It is all pink and brown cirlces and hearts glazed with some fairy frost. I thought that it should be all girly with hearts but what do I know, my kids are boys. Cutesy hearts are not her mother's first choice for a pattern. So Gracie was allowed to choose the quilting design. I submitted four different custom motifs, setting triangles and border designs for her consideration. And just to be fair, I threw in some pantograph patterns for an all-over quilting look.




So what did Gracie choose for her quilt? It's called Wandering Daisies by Jodi Beamish. It is full of hearts and flowers. The girl knows what she likes. I'll even put some hearts on the borders for her. I'll be using Signature's Pinks cotton thread on top and Superior's # 628 Baby Pink in the bobbin.

No comments:

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks