Sunday, March 04, 2007

Danielle's Dresses



Danielle made this applique beauty. Both Danielle and her quilt are amazing. She first started going to the local quilt shop, Crazy 9 Patch, when she was 15 years old. She wanted to learn applique. She got some one-on-one training from the local applique expert, Mema. And she took off on her own. She even attends the applique club at the LQS where the average age is over 50 years. She holds her own. Her first applique work was called Dancing in the Moonlight with animals dancing. That one hung in the shop for several weeks.

Still in high school and on the school's water polo team, Danielle stays busy. This one is called Dresses designed by xxx. Susie, who works at the quilt shop quilted Dresses with a cross-hatch pattern. It looks wonderful. That quilt is hanging on the wall of honor (behind the cash register) where everybody sees it. This week is the San Diego Cruisin' Quilt Run so there will be thousands of folks that see Danielle's work of art. Way to Danielle.

No comments:

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks