Thursday, February 08, 2007

Belle's Patriotic Quilt


I quilted a similar patrotic quilt for Belle a couple months ago. It was for her father, he is retired navy. This one is for her son, who will be graduating from U.S. Navy boot camp next week. She wanted the same type of quilting as I did on her fathers.

I used the Circle Lord to make three concentric circles in the 4-patch blocks and I used my new CL Star template to make the templates for the big patriotic blocks. I used Perma-Core Navy blue thread on the top and Superior So Fine Dark Blue prewound bobbins. The backing was red with writing on it. It is always a pleasure to quilt for Belle. She is a precise piecer. Her seams are consistently 1/4 inch and she presses her quilt so well that even Stitch in the Ditch (SID) is easy to do.

No comments:

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks