Thursday, February 08, 2007

Dorothy's Square in a Square in Indigo and White


This is Dorothy's indigo and white sqare in a square. She wanted "stripes" or lines in the sashing and spirals in the squares. I put spirals in the corners of the sashing, too. The border is from a stencil with curves. Dorothy wanted white thread which worked well in the sashing and the muslin back.

This quilt required some long arm magic since the sashings were not completely straight. The machine was locked in a line so the stitching was going to be absolutely straight. Unfortunately, the straight line of stitching really emphasized the uneven sashing. I ended up shoving poly batting under the roller where the line seemed to wander. This artificially raised the quilt sashing so the line stayed straight within the uneven sashing.





And the back...always my favorite.

No comments:

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks