Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Danielle's Snail Trail



This is Danielle's Snail Trail quilt. I think it is stunning. She did not like her choices of fabrics when she was finished with the quilt. She thought that the snail trail should have more contrast. I tried to give her that definition by stitching the trail using Superior's King Tut #935 Arabian Nights with lots of purples, greens and vibrant blues. You can still see the chalk that I used as a guide. It was difficult to come out of the left and then make an immediate right turn and then go left into the big curl. The chalk helped me stay in the correct quadrant. The back was a beautiful print. I used APQS aqua prewound bobbins on the back.
The border is a wave curl and leaf pattern.






Of course, I had problems with the King Tut thread, I always do. But I just love the look of King Tut. Nothing comes close to the vibrancy and color combinations in Bob Purcell's premium thread, King Tut.

No comments:

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks