Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Burgundy Rail Fence



This quilt is a king size 96 x 106 with 4, yes 4, borders. They are 3.5, 4.5, 5.5, and 6.5 inches from inside out. That is a lot of border. So I decided to treat just the two outside and biggest ones as borders. The 2 inner borders were just part of the field of the quilt. The front fabric, burgundies, creams and browns is somewhat older than the back fabric. It reads as very dark. The back was a very light cream. The owner thought that she wanted me to use burgundy thread. YIKES, the BURGUNDY thread on the light cream back would really show all the stops and starts. I talked her into using cream thread top and bottom. I used Superior So Fine 40 Pearl and Superior Bottom Line 620 Cream in the bobbin.



I used Jodi Beamish's Maple Syrup panto and I love the curls and leaves, lots of movement. I used double swag stencil on the border. I think the back looks better than the front.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

This is soooo pretty!

:)

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks