Friday, September 01, 2006
This one was big. 91" x 104". The center was originally a kit, then Judy's
sister decided to add the big borders. Judy brought pieced (Yikes) high-loft poly batting for me to use. Lesson learned: do not accept pieced batting from customers. I had to handle that batting with kid gloves.
Then let's talk about using high loft batting on a long-arm. I started off using a panto called Rosie but it had too many turns and intersections for that high loft. I was afraid I was going to get puckers. So I tried Kathi James' panto named Water Wind and wrestled that batting into submission. I had to increase the spacing on the panto or it would have been stiff enough to stand on its own. You can really see the definition of the panto pattern with that high loft.
My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.
- ► 2011 (9)
- ► 2010 (75)
- ► 2009 (160)
- ► 2008 (88)
- ► 2007 (89)
- ▼ 2006 (67)