Monday, August 28, 2006

My first sampler is done

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Take a look at this patriotic beauty.

This is a beautiful quilt, well-pieced and good fabrics.
The batting is Hobbs 80/20. My first time with Hobbs,too. It was scratchy and thin. I didn't like it much. I spent about 2.5 hours designing the blocks. I used several stencils and blue pounce chalk. It was a lot of work. I kept track of my time with this one. I spent 18 hours and 5 minutes stitch time.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 comment:

Sweet P said...

I love this quilt. The quilting on it is beautiful.

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks