Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Barb's Tree of Life


This is my first Tree of Life quilt, I checked webshots for ideas. Barb brught it to me with the along with part of the pattern that showed the quilting designs with mostly straight lines in the triangles. Barb had marked big "NO"s and X's across the designs. Hmm, I guess that she wanted something different. She suggested Maple leaves. So here it is. I used PermaCore Rustana in the big triangels; Aurifil 2335 Bronze in the gold triangles; Isacord 0940 Autumn Leaf in the leaves of the tree and
Superior So Fine #428 Copper on the trunk of the tree. Quilter's Dream cotton select batting.


No comments:

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks