Thursday, January 22, 2015

Bribery goes to Gattiland

In the previous post, I rattled on and complained about going to a new podiatrist. It was a school holiday so I had to drag my grand children with me.
The office visit was longer than expected. Their reward for good behavior in the crowded waiting room was a trip to McDonald's. I would surprise them after McDonald's with a trip to Gattiland, an Austin arcade and pizza place, if I could find it. After we ate at McDonald's, I drove straight over to Gattiland. They were surprised and excited when they spotted the sign. They had been asking to go to the place for a while. This was a good time for a reward.



We arrived just before they opened and waited in the parking lot as more and more carloads of kids and mothers arrived. When we got inside, I was surprised to see that everybody who enters must buy a buffet ticket ($5.99 - $8.99) as well as buy tokens/tickets for games.

We had just eaten at McDonald's and were certainly not hungry. Plus they do not have gluten free pizza but I couldn't back down now. We got in the door for $42. They had a well-stocked though unimaginative salad bar and a buffet of many different pizzas. The kids got pizza and I got cottage cheese and fruit. There were plenty of seats and we could watch a movie, "Frozen" and eat. The kids didn't like the pizza sauce so we just left the dining room and went to play. Gattiland had a great selection of games - everything from bumper cars, stand-up and ride-in arcade games as well as carnival type things like the claw in the glass house diving for a stuffed animal.


Two hours later, when we left, the place was jam-packed with kids on school holiday and there wasn't a place to sit. Glad we got there early.

They enjoyed themselves. Any outing with my grands is always a good day for me.

No comments:

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks