Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Moving Day Looms Large

We are moving. We signed the papers last Friday and we have been moving some boxes (read as: my stash) a little everyday. We have a bunch of help from our church coming this Saturday. The real estate agent is letting us use the Centry 21 moving truck complete with ramp.

We are in the midst of trying to setup the telephone, TV and internet. What a GIANT-sized pain that is. We are moving further from town so our wonderful Cox bundle does not work out here. AT&T had cable service here but that got burned out in the Witch Creek fire.

So we are doing phone from AT&T with a different number so those 500 business cards I got last month are no good and I will be ordering new ones.

The TV is Direct TV. I don't want to talk about it.

And the internet is called high-speed but it is wireless so we'll see. The internet company is proud to point out that they have 683 customers. I'm going to try to stay optimistic on our service, especially since it is the only game in town when you live this far out.

The house is a beauty, brand new. I only have one photo (from my phone) of the front as we drove away last Friday. It has a wonderful family room that will be my new studio. It has tons of storage with alder wood cabinets. There is a wet bar with sink and small fridge to keep those snacks and sodas close by. It has a fireplace that will probably never get used but it looks pretty. And I will finally have my sewing and quilting in one big room.



My current 3-car garage, also known as Jake and Ben's storage, is full. Dune buggy, quad, motorcycle, tool cabinets, Jake's fridge and their furniture from 2 apartments ago. The only thing that I will take to the new house is Jake and Dana's fridge. They are also moving this week but their new place has a fridge already.

The new 3-car garage will house a huge cutting table, my stash (all sorted by color now), my huge ironing board, boxes and boxes of batting. Funny, we have never had our cars in a garage. And Terry gets to set up his trains again in the smallest garage. We have hauled that train table around since 1981. It has not been set up since 1995. And he says that he is not a packrat. Yeah, right. I suggested to him that he have a small office in the garage also. Still in the same section, I don't want to lose any of my real estate. He has an office/study in the current house, too. He has always had an office and it has always been a close-the-door-when-people-visit mess. So he will have a neat study in the house and a mess in the garage. He actually likes the idea.

1 comment:

Crazy Creek Creations said...

Your new home sound wonderful - I am sooooo happy for you!

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks