Monday, March 02, 2009

Stop the World - the TV is Broken



Men are so funny.

For several months, my dishwasher was not anchored properly and I nagged and nagged about getting my husband to fix it. Eventually, we just bought a new dishwasher.

The lighting unit for one of the ceiling fans in the family room is flaky, works when it wants to. Solution: it takes 2 of us with different remotes to finally get the lights to turn off.

The screen on the big TV started to turn red while we were watching something recorded on the TiVO thingy. It was sporadic but it blocked out the screen. You would think that his hair was on fire.

Terry: We need a new TV. I'll check the ads.

Me: We could just move the one from the bedroom down here.

Terry: Maybe Circuit City...no Best Buy.

Me: Or maybe we could just live without it for a while.

Terry: Best Buy in north county or Best Buy in El Cajon.

Me: You're not listening to me.

Terry: I'll get the checkbook while you put your shoes on.

It wasn't quite that fast but you get the idea of his priorities. And then when we got home with it, lots of moving old TV, from where it has sat for 7 years. Dust bunnies everywhere. He got all the other contraptions (DVD player, cable box, etc) hooked up. The Geek Squad is coming in the next day or so to check the wires but he just could not wait. From the minute he turned it on, he kept tellin gme that this was the best tv for him, how glad he was that he had chosen that model, etc. I bet I heard the word "WOW" a dozen times, even during the commercials.

I have to say though, that if baseball season was not so close, he might have waited at least one day before replacing it. But Cactus League baseball is in full swing in Arizona so the show starts soon.

No comments:

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks