Thursday, February 26, 2009

Shabby Chic Finished



Well, I finished the Robyn Pandolph (Sumptuous Living collection) in a Yellow Brick Road quilt for the CraZy 9 Patch shop sample. The San Diego Cruisin' Quilt Run is next month and Martha, the owner of the C9P is busy getting kits made, extra shelves constructed by the master carpenter, Patty and making up a bunch of sample to decorate the shop.

This quilt was pieced by Debbie who also works and teaches at the shop. Debbie is an impeccable piecer. If you read this blog regularly you will know that she pieces all my show quilts. The judges love her piecing. So it was not surprise that this quilt was a dream to quilt. I had originally planned to panto it with a wonderful new design from Lisa Calle called Oh My Feathers. But I had a hard day at work and did not want to follow the red laser light. OK, but let's get it done. So freemtion was my choice.
I sprinkled some no-start roses across the field of the quilt and then filled in around them with lots of soft swirls and ribbons, some feathers and a new technique I just saw by Rebecca Segura called 3s and Es. It is so cool and adds a love of movement and texture. I'm sure that I will be using that technique again. Thanks, Rebecca.

The border is interface heart feathers with lots of 3s and Es micro-stipple. I used Superior So Fine top and bobbin for the microfill.The rest of the quilt is Signature cotton Parchment thread top and bobbin. Debbie likes to see the thread. Here is th border




And here is one of the roses.


This is where I got the hang of the 3s and Es. I really like it.


The back was Robyn Pandolph in the blue colorway.

No comments:

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks