Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas in Phoenix





It was loud. There was too much food. We all had a blast.



My brother, Jeff, and his family drove up from Texas/New Mexico. They got stuck in Lordsburg, NM for 2 hours on the freeway for some event that was cleared by the time they got there, just a horrible backup of traffic.










Our trip was not without hassle, see my previous blog entry. We had 2 super-heroes on hand, Super Hunter and Super Gavin and Ballerina Madison and my son Jacob and his wife Dana.



My son Ben, the one giving me the skunk eye, flew down from Oakland. It is always good to be with family during the holidays. Just wish it was easier to do.


My sister, Kathy, lives in Scottsdale so she just had to clean house and get ready for 30 people. My brother-in-law's (Fred) family lives there and they were invited to the big soiree. Fred's mother, 80-something, and his grand-daughter 23 months old shows the span of generations that were there.

I think the next one of these family gatherings should be at my new house when I retire. I'll clean house and then relax. No plane, no car, etc.

No comments:

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks