Monday, November 03, 2008

Trick or Treat

I remember a costume party that I attended back in 1986. It was such fun seeing all my workmates dressed in costumes. Some of them were disguised so well that we had to try to figure out who they were. The Electronics Technician Master Chief was dressed like a big black hairy gorilla. Nobody knew who he was. He would only grunt and shake his head when asked questions. His identity was finally revealed when his wife came over and removed the gorillas head. Hey, I didn't even know tht this guy could laugh, nevermind party with the rest of us.

Seems like a hundred years ago. I wore slacks, white shirt buttoned up with a big pocket protector filled with pencils in my shirt pocket, vest buttoned up, garters to keep my sleeves up, and carried a calculator and a briefcase. I was a bean-counter back in 1986. Today, I would probably call myself my 401k but I would wear a trenchcoat with pennies glued to it. Sad.

No comments:

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks