Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Did you hear it....?

At 8:34 Pacific Time, there was the sound of the entire country exhaling. Did you hear it?

It's almost as if we have all been holding our breathe waiting for the "new guy" to get elected. We have been weathering the storms (economy, wars, banks in crisis) brought to us by a collapsing economy, 2 wars stripping us of our strong young people and banks and credit companies imploding as the rascals that run them flee with their pockets stuffed with the dreams of hardworking Americans.

When John McCain went onto that platform in Phoenix to concede to Barak Obama, I think the country finally exhaled. John McCain has always been a class act and my hero. He would have made a good president. But Barack Obama will be a good president, too. I didn't vote for him but I will support him, because now he carries the burden of cleaning up the mess that he inherits.

OK, the campaigning and elections are over. Now we can start to rebuild our trust in government. If you watched TV last night and it was on channels 4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 here in San Diego, President-elect Obama's speech was about healing and fresh starts. The look on the faces of the 100,000 people gathered at Grant Park in Chicago park told the story of hope and new beginnings.

Let's get to work.

No comments:

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks