Thursday, October 16, 2008

Leanne's Heirloom Sue's



I met Leeanne in the local quilt shop, The Crazy 9 Patch. She had some cross-stitch blocks of Sun Bonnet Sue that her Aunt made many years ago. The aunt has since passed away. The old Sue's still had remnants of the blue ink, faded but still visible, where her aunt had not stitched over that part of the pattern.

Leanne decided to assemple the blocks, along with some new sashing and border fabric into a quilt. She plans to give the quilt to her niece since the Sue's were stitched by her mother. Leanne had originally planned to quilt it herself but decided to let me do some simple stipple on it. I also outlined the Sues and stitched in some flowers and other accents. I bet the niece will treasure it like the family heirloom that it is.

No comments:

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks