Friday, November 02, 2007

Funky Flowers for Sally



The Crazy 9 Patch in Ramona had a Funky Flowers class last month. Susan came down from San Bernadino to teach the class. Susan really knows her stuff. I love taking a class from Susan, no matter how much a chatter and goof off, I always learn something from her. She is very patient. I will be quilting two of these from the class. The first one is Sally's. She wants me to quilt it exactly the way the class sample was done.
Lesson learned: cut the fringe after the quilt has been quilted. I quilted my hopping foot into the fringe twice. YIKES. As soon as Sally binds it, she will wash it so it can get soooo soft.



No comments:

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks