Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Heidi's Quilt


Heidi let me practice on her latest quilt. She was brave. I wanted to work on something that would allow me to use the new stitich regulator (Intellistitch).
I drew in the cross blocks and the flowers. I learned these flowers at a Nichole Webb class at the local APQS shop called Quilted Treasure
The diamond wreath of leaves was done free-motion and I just had a blast doing it. I learned those leaves at a Myrna Ficken class back in February but this was my first time putting them in somebody else's quilt. I was thrilled with the result.


Heidi is an excellent quilt piecer. There were lots of 1.5" squares so quilting it sounded like running over railroad tracks. I think I should have done a simpler pattern in the triangles. Heidi wanted me to use Warm and Natural. The quilting made the quilt flat. I think that it would have been nicer with Warm and Bright Poly batting.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Linda,
Martha showed me your blog! How fun!
Just as a note to those who read this--I was a child of the 70s and my mom LOVED polyester clothes. Not fun to wear in polyester in Texas and NM during the summer! Anyway, I now have an aversion to polyester. I avoid it like the plague. :o)
But, I think that I will take your advice for my next quilt and use Warm and Bright poly batting and see how it turns out.
Thank you so much for doing the LOVELY quilting on my batik quilt. I absolutely love it!
Heidi

Loading...

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks