Thursday, April 20, 2006

Carpenter's Star

I decided to use blue and yellow fabrics, very mellow, for this Carpenter's Star. I like the pattern because the big pieces show off the fabric. As patterns go, this one was pretty simple, mostly half-square triangles. There were big places for quilting.
I don't have the confidence to quilt fat feathers yet so I did skinny feathers. I put some fat feathers in the border though and I was happy with them.


I got creative with the corners. I took pieces of ideas from several sources, doodled a bit, resized it until I got it to fit the corners. This is my first quilt using Quilter's Dream Wool batting. It stays nice and fluffy.

I'm not sure who gets this one. Maybe I'll keep it.

No comments:

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks