Thursday, April 20, 2006

Another Turning 20



This is probably my 5th Turning 20 quilt. Well, 2 of them were Turning 25 because they had 25 big blocks. This one was inspired by a quilter named Harriet who used the same collection of Aborigine-inspired fabrics. I saw the fabric at the quilt shop, all aqua and orange and brown. I thought, yuck.

Then a week later, I saw Harriet's quilt and it blew me a way. It was so striking. So I had to make one using the same collection. Martha, the owner of the quilt shop guided me through the fabric selection process. She has a better eye for color than I do and she just bosses me around when it comes to selecting coordinating fabrics.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Love that quilt. I was just looking at that pattern today in the quilt shop. The colors you used are outstanding

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks