Thursday, February 05, 2015

Rainy Day Turns to Game NIght

The rain finally stopped. We were just cleaning up after dinner when the electricity went out. Power outages are the single most frustrating part of our new life here in Texas. It has happened maybe a dozen times since September. In fact, on the Columbus Day school holiday on October 13th, the power went out a lot. We were all figuring out what we were going to do for this day off with the kids when the lights went off. It was 10: 03 A.M. We ran around and turned off and unplugged all our computers and televisions. The electricity flashed back on a few minutes later. And so it went all day long. The electricity went off an incredible 51 times.

Calls to the trouble desk informed us that the lights would be back on by 8 PM, in an hour and half. So we got some games out. We played Pictionary an UNO by emergency lantern. The electricity came back on after four hours. I had already gone to bed. I think we need to check out the purchase an emergency generator.

No comments:

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks