Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Day 14: Roof Leak

Terry called about six roofing contractors today and only one called him back. So Gilley's roofing will be coming by the house on Friday, January 2nd to assess the damage and give us an estimate to fix the problem. I don't imagine that it will be more than $2,000. Sure hope not, anyway. I just want him to fix it, certify that it is fixed in writing and give us a warranty for his work. In the interest of full disclosure, I want to prove that we got it fixed.

The inside roof leak contractors will be coming to remove their noisy machines from the containment chamber tomorrow, yes New Year's Day, we will have a contractor at our house. Amazing.

Once the outside roof is fixed, then we will get the inside-guys to come back and replace the ceiling and hopefully by then, we will have located 2 or 3 boxes of Pergo engineered wood in the color ginger.

No comments:

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks