Thursday, February 05, 2015

Somebody is 8 years old today

My grand daughter turned eight years old.
It really came as no surprise since she had been giving us countdown updates several times day for the last week or so. She is not excited about the party or gifts she will receive, She is excited that according to Texas law, she will not need to sit in a child safety seat.

She is 4'2" so there is much discussion about the Texas regulations. The law recommends, no mandates, that children over 8 years who are less than 4'9" continue to use a child safety seat.

My only input to this is -- my car, my rules. Here's your safety seat.

No comments:

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks