Saturday, June 26, 2010

My scissors thingy is broken


I was a Teacher's Angel for Carla at MQS this year. It was lots of fun. And she gave me a fantastic "thank you" gift. It is a denim apron made my Dory M's husband. There is an embroidered chick on it that says Artistic Quilter. Carla is famous for her chicken cartoon antics. I love that apron and attached my new Famora scissors acquired and blunted by the good guys at Famora working at MQS. It doesn't take long to develop a habit and mine is reaching for those scissors on my apron.


So you can imagine how bummed I was when I realized that the pull the string scissor thingy was frayed and no longer worked. I have been to 5 quilt shops (and 3 hardware stores) looking for a replacement. I have not had any luck. So I decided to take my search to the internet. The problem is I don't know what the pull the string scissor thingy are called. I'm thinking that Etsy has them or Nancy's Notion. But what should I google for?

A little help.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have an extra one I'm sending you tomorrow, Glenda

Anonymous said...

Joann's has a similar type by Fons and Porter.

Patty E

Mary Beth said...

Zingers. Or so I am told.

Anonymous said...

retractable scissors holder, or
retractable badge holder

Riley :)

Crazy Horse Quilting said...

Well, now...isn't that just the cutest apron???? Sorry, I'm not help with the retractable scissors. Mine are hung on my machine.

Unknown said...

Can find them very cheap where Keys are made. I get mine at Fred Meyers for less than $2.
Terry

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks