Monday, February 22, 2010

Mary's Friendship Stars (Finished Feb 9th)

This one was difficult because Mary wanted to emphasize the friendship stars but they blended with the bars surrounding the stars. I got the tip to use the Friendship Star motif from Jo Ann over on Design Help Needed forum of Machine Quilter's Resource. The Friendship star motif is from Sweet Dreams.




Lots of thread changes. Also a lot of diagonal ruler work. The outer border is JSM013 by Jessica Schick from DigiTech.

The sashing is designed by my friend Debbi Treusch and it is new. SWEET! Don't you just love that. Thanks, Debbi.

Mary is a superb piecer. It is always a pleasure to quilt for her. And she loved this one when I delivered it.

1 comment:

Allison said...

The stars really got lost in the border but your quilting saved them!! That's some extensive quilting you did on this and it really "makes" the quilt. Great job!

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks