Friday, December 04, 2009

Pneumonia....again

Yup. I thought that it was probably bronchitis so I just pretended that it would go away. It is a stupid game that I play with my lungs. Then when I finally decided that I might need to see a doctor, the earliest appointment was days away. This is a small town and I used to be able to call in and get an appointment today, tomorrow at the latest. Hmm, of course, that was when they were open til 6 pm and on Saturdays. So Friday morning I lucked out and got an appointment.

Yeah, so by the time I got in, the doctor said that I had bronchitis ( I called it), but that in 2 days time, I would have pneumonia. Ah, ha, a fortune teller. How about hooking me up with the lottery numbers, doc. So I had to drive 23 miles to the nearest x-ray facility and then wait until Monday to get hear from the doctor. He went ahead and loaded me up with an antibiotic, prednisone (grrr) and tamiflu just in case I needed it, (huh?)

Then on Monday, he called (to gloat) and said that I had pneumonia in my right lung and to rest, drink plenty of liquids, yada, yada. Hey, this is the height of the Christmas quilting season in case you have not heard. It is decidedly hard to quilt while coughing up a lung. So rest I did, for almost a week. What a backlog.

I'm on the mend and still have 8 quilts to go before Christmas, well, December 15th. I'll make it, God willing.

1 comment:

Patty E said...

You take care of yourself first! Want you to enjoy quilting those quilts instead of suffering through them. Hope you feel better soon.

Patty

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks