Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Patrick Swayze August 18, 1952 – September 14, 2009

How many of you watched your Dirty Dancing DVD today? I did. I loved his energy and the way he moved. He was born to dance. He will be missed.

Patrick Swayze lost his battle to pancreatic cancer after a 20-month long fight. I think that Jennifer Grey (his co-star in Dirty Dancing) said it better than I can.

She said: "Patrick was a rare and beautiful combination of raw masculinity and amazing grace. Gorgeous and strong, he was a real cowboy with a tender heart. He was fearless and insisted on always doing his own stunts, so it was not surprising to me that the war he waged on his cancer was so courageous and dignified.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oKUTOLSeMM&feature=related

2 comments:

Allison said...

He was just a decent guy and sooooo much fun to watch. Classy to the end.

Mary Beth said...

When my sister passed away from cancer, I remember saying to someone, "why does it always happen to the good ones." Their response, "If it happened to a stinker, no one would care." I believe that applys to Patrick too. I can't say he was a great actor, although he was good. But Linda, you are right, I think he was born to dance and he was great at that! I loved to watch him on Dirty Dancing. My favorite part, when he jumped off the stage near the end....still gives me chills to watch him.

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks