Friday, May 08, 2009

Jody's Mystery Quilt


Since none of Jody's potential students know about my blog, I feel like it is safe to publish some photos.

I got some wonderful help on this one. Carla Barrett showed me some new ideas designedto challenge my abilities. I also got some ideas for some line work from Ronda Beyer.



The batik purple and lime green fabric inspired me to use what I call Carla Barrett signature flowers. But I'm not up for that. I got the stencil made but had an anxiety attack about the octogon shape with the flower so copped out and did Diana Phillips Flower Power.

I also had the chance to use my new Gadget Girls 45 and 60 degree Diamond rulers. I like those rulers. I did some freemo running circles. First time and it was fun to add that accent into the line work. I'll get better as I do it more often.


But I have to say that my favorite part are the sashing and inner border elements that I learned from Carla. Hook, fern leaf and circle. I will use that again. Thank you Carla.

3 comments:

Lesley said...

Wow Linda great work very cool, two of the best giving you tips cool to. Take a deep breath and take the chance, your work is great.

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda, I drooled over this quilt on the APQS site, but that picture doesn't show the detail like these pictures do.

I have bookmarked this blog spot so I can drool over this quilt some more. You just did such a beautiful job on this quilt, the sashings are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing,

Helen

Kathleen said...

am with anonymous...drool drool...better mop up before it floods my laptop.

You have excelled yourself here and I love the way you are constantly stretching yourself.

Still can't get you on my google reader do not know why...will hasve a look and see if you have an rss feed somewhere on your blog

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks