Saturday, October 04, 2008

A T-Shirt Quilt for Danielle


Danielle graduated from Ramona High School in the Class of 2008. She started working at the local quilt shop, The CraZy 9 Patch, when she was 16. She learned how to piece a quilt, applique, and even do hand embroidery. Since most of the women up there are much older and some use language inappropriate for young ears, we set up a cus jar and called it Danielle's College Fund. When she graduated, we knew that she would be going to college "down the hill" about 50 miles away, so we would not see her as often. So we put these donation into a gas card and gave it to her as a graduation present.
She is such a bright and centered young lady, it has been wonderful to watch her grow up. Danielle was a member of the high school water polo team. She is also very much into rodeos and cowboys. I wanted to try making a t-shirt quilt for the Ramona Quilt show Oct 17-18. I wanted to use the t-shirts of somebody I know since I was going to give her the t-shirt quilt. Martha, the owner of the CraZy 9 Patch and Marilynn donated the binding fabric and the binding labor.
She will see it for the first time at the quilt show. I hope that she likes it.

No comments:

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks