Saturday, June 30, 2007

Mema's Scalloped Rose quilt


Mema, the piecer of this quilt, plans to put this quilt in the show. She was very speicifc about what she wanted done. I just tokk three background calsses at MQs so I was anxious to try one of them on this quilt. But Mema wanted echoing around the flower, the scallops, a ghost image of the flower in the blank blocks and leaves and a vine as filler. No feathers, no McTavish, no heavy background. Iused Signature's Parchment cotton thread top and bobbin. I started the quilt and after the first row, I had her come over to see if i was headed in the right direction with my quilting.

She liked what I had so far but then asked me to put the leafy vine as a frame around the ghost flower. So I went back and quilted it as she requested and did one more row and had her come back. She was happy with it.

I have to say that it was difficult to remember not to backtrack in my quilting. She wanted to bury the threads. She plans to put scalloped edges on the quilt also. I can't wait to see it when it is all done.



No comments:

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks