Thursday, January 25, 2007

Snowman and Mittens



This is the sixth quilt that I have done for Joanne. It is all flannel, front and back. The front looks like a panel, although it is yardage. There are squares of snowmen and snow-women printed on the fabric as well as the sashing. It is very cute. So this was kind of like a Just Can't Cut It quilt.

Joanne used three borders, a 1-inch burgundy, a blue with holly leaves and the coordinating mitten and caps that go with the snowman print. I echoed the snow-people in the blocks and did some movement quilting in the blocks to get me over to the sashing which is wavy lines with pebbles at the intersections of the blocks. Here is the detail of the snowman block, sashing and borders. I did simple wavy loops in the inner border after I SIDd down all the borders. I quilted holly and berries in the blue border. The outside border, I used loops and outlined some of the mittens and caps.


I used Superior's So Fine #435 It's a Boy thread on the top. The bobbin is Superior's Bottom Line #610 Light Blue thread.

Here is another close-up. In this one you can see the perfectly spaced snowman and mittens border that I got from www.perfectborders.com in less than 5 minutes of online time. I love perfectborders.com.


The back was pieced, the sides were the mitten/cap print in blue and the center was the same print but in the blue color way.

No comments:

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks